Sunday, January 29, 2012

Oh Parker!

I started writing this several months ago, so some of these are pretty old!

After a few really good attempts to potty on the big boy potty, I rewarded Parker for attempting by saying, "Good try buddy! You can have a treat for trying!" Awhile later I came out of the bathroom and he said, "Good try (and patted me on the back)! Mommy treat?"


Jerod got up this morning at 4:00 to go hunting and accidentally woke Parker up. Jerod found him in his room, half asleep, fumbling around with an arm fool of books. After dropping them and picking them back up several times, he ran into our room, threw his books on the end of the bed and crawled into bed with me. He didn't even want to read them, I guess he just liked knowing that they were there! So sweet :) After falling back to sleep in my bed, he begins to sleep whisper (not talk, whisper) a long jumbled up string of words that didn't even go together! Just random names, toys, activities, etc. He mentioned Papa Dave and fishing a few times so he must have been dreaming about it.


Parker was being particular difficult when I was trying to get him to lay down for a nap. He kept crying for his puzzle. I thought he wanted to play with it (instead of take a nap) but after finally giving up and letting him down to go play with his puzzle, he retrieved it, crawled back into his bed, and cuddled up with it. Yes, a large cardboard box.

And for the record, I normally would not let him down during nap time but he was being REALLY stubborn!

I was going through some pictures on my computer and I left one of Parker from his birthday party up on the screen. I left the room for a second, and I hear Parker say, "Wow! A cowboy!" Ha! He never did realize it was a picture of himself.


Parker was in his high chair playing with play dough and whining about something.
Me: Parker, slow down and use your words. What do you want?
Parker: Ummm (as he rolls his eyes to look up while he thinks).... chocolate!
Chocolate was def. not what he was whining for, but I guess he figured he should go for the gold since I asked!



Parker: Bye Bye Momma! Love you! (then blows me a kiss) Go to Walmart?
Me: You are going to Walmart?
Parker: No! Momma go to walmart!
Me: Why am I going to Walmart?
Parker: Get suckers! (Thanks to his birthday party, suckers are his new FAVORITE treat... and I don't think there are any healthy alternatives, ugh!)

Parker: More juice!!!! More juice!!! Momma! Momma! More Juice! (all said in one breath)
Me: Patience Parker. Count to ten and you can have more juice.
Parker: Pauses for a second. One... Ten! and then holds out his juice cup.


These are a few I wrote back in October and never published:
Parker: "Mins! Mins! Mins!"
Me: "No Parker, you only get two vitamins a day and you ate them earlier."
Parker: "Just one! Pease" (while holding up one finger and nodding his head in assurance)
Where does he learn this stuff?!

After someone throws a ball or object and hits a target (in a basket, etc.)
Parker: "Nice!"

No comments:

Post a Comment